Saturday, September 10, 2011

Rollerset... #Fail

Wow, looks like I have some new followers. Big thanks for the mention by the fabulous ladies over at The Feisty House! They are amazing, I absolutely love their blog :)

Last weekend I decided to try a doobie/blow out style rollerset. I used Salerm 21 as my leave in and Fantasia IC Hair Serum.

I found it a bit tricky to roll my hair tightly around those huge rollers. I imagine practice makes perfect though.



Results weren't too bad at the midway point.


Wrapped my hair around my head. It was getting late (like 1:00 AM) , excuse the tired face! lol


Saran wrapped my head for the silk wrap process.

What the f*%@#!?!?!

I really thought I was on to something. Until I took the silk wrap down. I think I have identified the culprit in this rollerset nightmare. I blame the Salerm 21 (too heavy) and the Fantasia IC (too sticky). My hair felt heavy, mushy, and overly oily all at the same time. I was horrified. I immediately washed my hair with a clarifier and deep conditioned it over night.

When I try this next time (I refuse to lose!) I will make sure to use a better hair serum and possibly try the Lacio Lacio leave in. Hopefully my results will be better.

Here's a pic of my hair today. A pompadour and high bun. A quick out-the-door Saturday hairstyle!



2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your next attempt, hair is always something mysterious to deal with ! I am often unhappy with my results, you know ! Lovely blog =)

    Fashion and Cookies

    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the encouragement! I'm going to try again hopefully next month! :)

    ReplyDelete