I listed these adjustments in this post : In My Bag
- More Deep Conditioning!
- More Protective Styling!
- Bare Minimum Amounts of Heat!
- 'Baggying' my ends at least 5x a week!
- I have Deep Conditioned twice using Aubrey Organics GPB Glycogen Protein Balancing Conditioner and Aubrey Organics HoneySuckle Rose.(I should actually be Deep Conditioning weekly...)
- I tried a new protective style for one week: Twists. I will be using these again very soon.
- I haven't used any heat at all.
- And as for baggying my ends...sigh. I really need to stick to that. Fell off a couple of weeks ago. BUT I have been sealing my ends nightly!!
One thing that I have learned during this time is to listen to my hair and what it needs. My hair has different textures. The top of my hair is wavy and the back has more of a coily curly thing going on. And the sides are a distinct mixture of the two. I have found that the back of my hair doesn't seem to retain length as well as the top and sides. The ends of my hair in the back quickly become dry and raggedy (dare I say). I have been making sure to heavily (in terms of comparison) seal this part of my hair. And I have noticed some growth, though I haven't done an official length check. And I have also noticed that it looks and feels better than before. So on that note ladies, definitely listen to what your hair is telling you and adjust accordingly!
Have any of you learned anything about your hair that has helped with your hair health and growth? Share below!!!