Monday, October 1, 2012

October Green Smoothie Challenge


The lovely Francheska of heyfranhey.com has introduced an October Green Smoothie Challenge! I'm excited because I am already a Green Smoothie addict. Also, I need to introduce some form of exercise back into my life. I figure that this would be a great way to start! I have a routine (believe me, I'm not one for routines or organization!) that I've gotten down to a "science". 

Every Sunday, I prepare my smoothies for the week so that it simplifies my already hectic mornings. I simply go in the freezer, grab a pre-made bag of bananas, sliced peaches, and sliced pineapples. I grab a couple of strawberries (already frozen) out of the container. And add in my fresh spinach (from the refrigerator). I then pour in my unsweetened almond milk (so yummy!!) and flax seeds. Finally, I whip it, whip it real good on high, switch to low, and I'm done! 

I have been drinking Green Smoothies since the summer and I've been loving it. I believe that drinking them for breakfast has helped me to maintain the weight I lost over the summer. I also feel more energized and healthier. 

Now if I can only increase my water intake...hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment