This time I tried the magnetic rollers. This is my second time experimenting with these rollers. Let me tell you about the frustration, increased heart rate, and the incessant thoughts of quitting that enter my head each and every time I try to use these rollers. But I didn't give up!
I found that the more I rolled, the better I became. My problem is just getting the rollers tight. But I am going to continue to work on this. I used the mohawk method, which is shown in the video below. (This video was a huuuuge help!)
Roller setting method with magnetic rollers:
- Washed with Suave Clarifying Shampoo.
- Conditioned with Herbal Essences Conditioner.
- Sectioned hair into three columns (Mohawk style)
- Rolled hair on a 45 degree angle going upwards, pulling taut while rolling up toward the roots
- Blow dried hair for one hour to make sure it was completely dry
- Flat Ironed roots with heat protectant
And without further ado...pictures! (I apologize for the tired face in the pictures.)
|Fresh out the rollers|
|Combed into place|
|Flat Ironed Roots|
|Placed on 4 flexirods over night|