Monday, February 6, 2012

Bunning (and insecurities)

Hi, my name is Elle and I hate bunning.

Well I love and drool over other people's buns. But I hate my own buns. Why?

Because I want an obnoxious bun that will block people's views at the movie theatre,
Because my hair doesn't get as sleek as I want it to on the edges,

Because I hate how it accentuates my round face and big forehead...

But this month I've decided to push all my insecurities to the side and bun for at least 14 days during the month. I am already on day 6 (I started on February 1). I felt that my hair needed a little vacation from the rollersetting. No worries, I will be back to rollersetting as soon as I have completed my personal challenge. But for now I'm bunning!

I find that adjusting my buns has helped to ease my insecurities a bit:

I opt for the loose high bun rather than the tight high bun...
I am trying to wear earrings that are eye catching like hoops and ones with colors
I am also trying different styles with the front, like a pompadour or front swoop...something to give the front some *personality* and take the focus away from the shape of my face.

Here are some recent pictures...



2 comments:

  1. I completely agree that you have to find the bun that is right for you, and I love the big messy high buns too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show some blog luv! def enjoyed this post! def some cute pics!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete