Friday, September 14, 2012

Jamaican Black Castor Oil Review


I'm officially a product junky.

Everytime that I read about a product that the rest of the natural hair world raves about, I'm jumping online or into a store to purchase it for myself. My newest product purchase this week was Jamaican Black Castor Oil.

This stuff is the truth.

I have been using this product every night since I have bought it. The first night I used it on my ends only. I wasn't sold on the product after I put it on. The smell turned me all the way off. It smelled like I had rolled around in circles in a tobacco field. The smell eventually faded away and when I took my locsoc off that morning...it was like cotton candy at the carnival! My hair was super soft all day long.

I started researching how to use the Jamaican Black Castor Oil and found out that it is actually good for hair growth and thickness. NaturallyCurly.com mentions how to use the product for hair growth and moisture:

How to Use JBCO for Hair Growth and Moisture
1. Apply small amounts of Jamaican Black Castor Oil daily to your hair roots and scalp. Then massage the oil into your scalp using your fingertips. You may leave the oil on your scalp overnight. The oil will not soil your pillow as it is easily absorbed into your scalp.
2. Once per week, use Jamaican Black Castor oil as a hot oil treatment, preferably on the weekends. Use generous amount and really massage it into your scalp and hair.
3. After applying JBCO to your scalp and hair, cover your hair with a plastic cap and go under the dryer for 15 to 30 minutes.
You should begin to see results in two weeks after original date of usage.


Even if I don't see results, the way this product makes my hair feel is enough of a reason for me to use it! It's a keeper!

(Amazon is currently selling the 4 oz. size for 7.55 and 10.99 for the 8 oz. size under the company: Tropical Isle Living)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, i'm a product junkie as well but I try to watch my pockets lol.
    I've been using this for about 3 weeks now. I had a bottle before and didn't really do much with it. I got fed up of the stinky smell and added it to my deep conditioner and now I have the lavender scent one that I seal my ends with on wash day and every now and then I add to my hair line since it's a wee bit thin.
    Hopefully we see some changes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very nice blog post, Danielle Elle. Jamaican Black Castor Oil is said to promote hair growth and help with dry s, and I agree that the benefits of using this product is real and long lasting.

    ReplyDelete