The product description on Godrej Nupur's website reads:
Nupur brings to you the best quality Rajasthani Mehendi with 9 carefully chosen natural herbs. The ingredients are added in perfect proportions to give your hair the fabulous shiny & silky feel that you desire every single day.
Following are herbs used in Godrej Nupur Mehendi with their benefits.
- Brahmi - Promotes hair growth.
- Shikakai - Leaves hair clean & shining.
- Aloe Vera - Maoisturises hair & makes it silky.
- Methi - Conditions, nourishes & revitalises hair.
- Bhringraj - Makes hair luxuriant.
- Amla - Darkens hair colours, adds shine & luster.
- Neem - Fights scalp infection & prevents dandruff.
- Hibiscus - Rejuvenates hair making it shiny & silky.
- Jatamansi - Prevents graying of hair.
The company recommends mixing the product this way:
Soak Nupur Mehendi in water for 2-3 hours. You may add curd/oil for extra softness. Apply paste evenly from root to tip of the hair. Leave for 3-4 hours. Rince thoroughly with water.
Now...I'm not one for patience. So of course I did not soak the Nupur Mehndi in water for 2-3 hours. Let's try...2-3 minutes? It was late and I didn't feel like waiting until the morning to try this product. Next time I will be sure to soak it for 2-3 hours though.
|I added 1 cup of water, 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil and 1 cup Aussie Moist Conditioner to this product.|
I loved the results! I cowashed the product out of my hair with Suave Conditioner and followed up with a Deep Conditioner mix. I noticed far less breakage so far. My hair is much softer and stronger as a result of this product. I will be using this again before the month ends.
Product Grade: A+
Sidebar: I did not realize that the product would stain my hands (Mehndi=Henna). Doh! I'm walking around with orange fingers/nails as a result. Lesson learned.