Wednesday, January 16, 2013

21 Questions




Kim, the lovely woman behind the Fancy Flair Lady...Stylishly Ever After blog did a 21 questions hair tag on her blog. I am sharing my answers with you all below. Thanks for the tag Kim!


1. Why did you start taking better care of your hair? I realized that my hair was not as healthy and as long as I believed it could be. I started to take better care of my hair once I came to this realization about three or four years ago.
2. What are your 2 favorite hair products? Shea Butter and Tresemme Naturals (I've been holding steady with these two!)
3. Who's hair did you admire as a child? Lisa from Saved By The Bell, Tia and Tamara Mowry, and Stacey Dash
4. What is your ultimate goal length? Waist Length is my ultimate ultimate goal length. Anything past that point needs to be cut lol.
5. How are you going to celebrate when you reach your ultimate goal length? Maybe I'll do a "bun drop" video on YouTube. Maybe not...Ok I'll celebrate by starting a protective style challenge though and announcing it on my blog!
6. Two styles you want to try at your goal length? I want to try a french braid and the most massive high bun that I can possibly achieve.
7. Which do you prefer: Health or Length? Health!
8. Which do you prefer: hair ties with no metal parts or butterfly clips? Hair ties with no metal parts. 
9. What products do you prefer: salon brands, organic brands, BSS brands, Drugstore brands, or other? I prefer organic brands first, but I don't mind using salon and/or drugstore brands. Whatever works!
10. Which product/technique do you think is over-rated? I would've said Miss Jessies a couple of months ago, but I'm actually a new-found fan of their Pillow Soft Curls product. I would say Wen is a bit overrated (I'll explain my personal opinion later)
11. Which product/technique do you think is under-rated? I think hair butters (shea butter, mango butter...) are definitely under-rated. 
12. What is your favorite part of your hair regimen? The time of the day when my wash n' go dries. Oh, and washing out my deep conditioner. I love how soft my hair feels afterwards. 
13. What is the most annoying part of your hair regimen? Putting the product through my wet hair. Though it doesn't take long...I wish there was a simpler way!
14. Oils or Butters? Butters...with oils mixed in!
15. Buns or Ponytails? Buns
16. Wigs or Weaves? Weaves
17. What is your opinion of growth aids? I have never used them or looked into using any. I guess whatever works for each individual person is their own personal business!
18. At what length do you consider hair long? A long and healthy MBL
19. When is the last time you visited a salon? Two week ago.
20. What do you like to surf most often: YouTube channels, personal blogs, or hair forums? Hair forums. I love reading the different responses to threads that are started. It's my down-time entertainment!
21. And finally, what piece of advice would you give to someone just starting out on their hair journey? BE PATIENT! Do not give up. You will have your bad hair days, get over it! It's all a part of the journey. Look forward to the destination and enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment