Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Buns, Buns and More Buns!!

I recently dug into my photo archive and pulled these out as motivation for my one month bunning challenge. These are some buns that I have done within the past year.


This is what I would like to call the "flop over bun". This is not an actual bun. But the hair is protected. This is usually what I do when I feel to lazy to create a bun. To achieve this look, I pull the hair through the hairband 3/4 of the way.

This is a bigger more full looking top bun. I have to use about 10 bobby pins to achieve this look. I divide the hair in half and loosely twist one side around while adding bobby pins to secure the hair. Then I do the second side in the opposite direction. 


Low Bun. These are easier to achieve than top buns. I do these on soaking wet hair, literally right after I get out of the shower. This allows for the gel to slick my edges down so that I can get the sleek look you see in this picture. I then create a donut bun with my hair or using a sock.

Sock bun. I love these. They make my hair look extremely full. This was done on an old twist out but it can be done on wet hair as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment