Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How To: The Glam Braidout

Braidouts are my number one style. It's the butter to my bread, the water to my ocean. Ok, maybe that's a bit over-the-top, but I truly love braidouts! They help me to achieve the definition with waves and curls that I wish I could obtain with a wash-n-go. My braidout routine is extremely simple and lasts for a week. I could make it last longer if I decided to or turn it into a bun or other protective style...but I am committed to my weekly deep conditioning treatments.

Here are the steps that help me to achieve my braidout...

The Products: 
This is by far my absolute favorite conditioner.
My braidouts probably wouldn't be the
same without it. It truly gives me moisturized,
cotton-candy-textured hair. Love it! 

Kinky Curly Knot Today
Kinky Curly Curling Custard
Hot 6 Oil
The Process:
After washing my hair, I section it into four sections.
I apply Kinky Curly Knot Today to each section
and detangle it with my wide-toothed comb.

In order to help me keep each section detangled, I
twist the detangled sections of hair as I go along.



My hair dries slightly in the process of
detangling, so before I get ready to apply the
KCCC, I make sure that my hair is drenched.
This helps the product to work more
effectively. I find that if my hair is not
soaking wet when applying it, then
I'm left with a hard, crunchy braidout
the next day.

I apply a smidgen (no, I'm not even kidding...like a pin head sized amount) of
KCCC to my hair. Then I apply a dime sized amount of Hot 6 Oil. For this
braidout I did about 5-6 per section. I find that smaller braids give me
less frizz. 

Getting my sexy braiding on... 

All done...finally!

Ugh, my ends never curl! 

That's why flexi-rods were invented!
I love the small yellow colored flexis.
They give me a tighter, more realistic
coil/curl.

This just adds to my sexy nighttime look...yeah right.
I then cover my head with a satin bonnet. My hair
dries overnight and...


 The Results:





To maintain this style, I simply rebraid nightly.
I put eight braids in my hair and seal my ends
with oil.


No comments:

Post a Comment