Monday, August 1, 2011

Baby...Why Do You Do Me So Wrong?


This weekend I decided enough is enough. I have been dealing with unexplainably straight hair on the bottom 1/4 of the hair on the front of my head. I could wash it, scrunch it, twirl it, zap it...nothing would get this hair to curl. I already have a loose curl pattern in the front, but these straight hairs were just hanging there limp and lifeless. When doing braidouts, I rod set my ends on my entire head. But the front would only last for about half a day before the curl would drop. 

Then I thought about it. 

This has to be heat damage. Well, well, well.

See, I have dropped the flat iron like a bad habit. I only straighten my hair about four or five times a year. But about two years ago, I was straightening my hair daily. 400 degrees on the flat iron. I'm surprised I'm not bald. Though the hair has grown out, the bottom 1/4 left is from the heat damage of these daily flat iron sessions. 

So I said to heck with this. 
Snip, snip, snip. Goodbye heat damage! You can see here clearly, the hair was damp, but where is the curl???

(Please excuse my hanger strap sticking out on the side of
this shirt -- my new fav H&M shirt for 14.50! What a steal!)
I only took one hurried picture this weekend of my braidout, and here it is with my "new look". The hair in the front, which used to be APL, is now to my jaw when stretched. I like it though. (I will take better pictures this week and post them on the blog). This style only lasted for one day. I put about 8 twists in my hair instead of rebraiding....and it was a complete disaster. I couldn't even stand to take a picture of it. It was just that bad (hence, the title of this blog post: "Baby...why do you do me so wrong"). Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment